- Sondara Gurukulum (SG) is located in an extremely rural and isolated area.
- SG has a residential hostel for students whose parents are itinerant farm workers who move around the country per seasonal needs and opportunities for work, which results in the children
getting no education, when they leave the area with their parents.
- Prior to the breakout of the COVID-19 pandemic SG began pursuing the development of a new program for digital education.
- The pandemic dramatically accelerated the value of and need for a program teaching about and utilizing digital tools.
- The pandemic required a shift of strategy for distance learning, which required teacher training and different I.T. hardware and teaching software than would be required for in-classroom
- BSI provided funds for what is required to acquire the equipment and software.